"Life is not a dress rehearsal. The curtain is up and you are on. So get out there and give it your best shot." ~Unknown



Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Shroeader (... and the fabric marker battle!)





 
  Hey, hey, everyone!


 Well, this week has been crazy crazy for me, especially this weekend. But I survived (which is always good ... hehe!)

 Now, before I bore ya'll to your deaths, here's my last project.


 Sooo, for a while I've been really wanting to try out fabric markers and whatnot, and I finally just went and got one. I was kinda in a hurry so just grabbed a "Stained by Sharpie" at Hobby Lobby (who knew?? LOL!) and overall it worked marvelously!

    OK, for those who don't know I'm a huge fan of Schroeder from the Peanuts comics/cartoons (mostly because I play piano) aaaaaaaaaaand ...

  Well, this happened.



Alrighty, so I'm not entirely happy with it but I was rather surprised I actually did it. :D


 Before when I was interested in trying markers, so I researched it quite a bit and knew exactly what to do overall.

 
(used this as the reference picture)

 
I put a piece of cardboard inside the shirt, so to not let the maker bleed and soak through onto the back.





















Penciled "the sweet babboo" onto the shirt            ...              and started going over it with the marker.


 
 
TA-DA!
 
But easy wouldn't be the word for it, people! :D
 It was a rather irritating process (seeing I hadn't ever done it before) and the shirt is made of stretchy, clingy material ... thusly, the "battle" part.
 
hehe!
 
I have NOT washed it yet (scared to almost) but I am almost positive it should stay and not fade
or anything completely despicably tragic. :)
 
yes ... you can see the color change ... this is the true color ... :D
 
 
All in all, I am quite alright with it. (perfectionist talking here!)
Comment your thoughts and/questions.
 
 
Oh, and by the way, a big art dump coming soon ... so keep your eyes pealed. :D
 
 
God Bless,
~The Abilaine
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
Thanks for commenting!. :D
Please keep all ideas and language friendly and Godly. My art and other's art I post here are done by young artists, so please keep your criticism friendly and encouraging.

God Bless,
~Abilaine